Aucist Others give up, I insist
1. Open Volume Control, take out the hook at "Mute" under Microphone, turn up the volume of Microphone to maximum, as below:
2. If "Volume Control" does not have "Microphone" option, please click the menu bar "Options - Properties", as below:
3. As the picture below, at the single select box, choose "Recording", tick at "Microphone":
After click "OK", it will open "Volume Control", tick the hook in front of "Microphone", and turn up its volume properly. At this tims, the settings have been finished. If you have not set them correctly, you can't record the voice.
4. After start up Cool Edit Pro 2.0, as below:
At the picture above, the waveform which in the red round, it can switch record mode/audio edit mode. When it has the R, S, M 3 buttons, it's record mode.
5. Import an accompaniment or WAV file. The method is, at a blank place of "Track 1", click the right button of mouse, then click the menu button "Insert - Wave form File...", choose the accompaniment fill in your harddisk.
6. After import the accompaniment file, you may start recording. Click the red "R" button at "Track 2", make it light, as below:
7. Start recording. Click the red record button, as below:
8. Increase the echo for your voice. As the 4th step above, change to audio edit mode. You can see 2 waves, these are 2 sound channels, press Ctrl+A, it can select all. As the picture below, click the menu bar "Effects - Full Reverb...", choose "Medium Concert Hall (open)", it will have a good effect.
9. Turn up or turn down your voice. The operation method is similar with the 8th step, change to audio edit mode, press Ctrl+A, that's to select all. Click the menu bar "Effects - Amplitude - Amplify...", try to input 10. If the volume is too high, you may reduce it.
10. Set the equalizer for your voice. The operation method is similar with the 8th step, change to audio edit mode, press Ctrl+A. Click the menu bar "Effects - Filter - Graphic Equalizer...", at "Presets", choose a proper equalizer.
11. Save to MP3. Please view the 4th step, change to audio edit mode. Click the menu bar "File - Save Mixdown As...", Format choose "mp3 PRO (*.mp3)".
Wish you record mellow voice!